Thursday, September 27, 2018

Blog #3: Social Media

Image result for instagram logoSocial media is everywhere. But hardly do you ever see people speaking about how likes are everything. It just happens. 😅 

People usually post pictures for likes. Specifically younger people, such as teenagers. From the podcast Status Update, 3 girls talk about posting a picture and getting a lot of likes, it makes them feel better about themselves. These teens read comments such as, "you're so pretty" and "Gorgeous😍." The wording is same almost all the time, meaning you see the same phrases over and over. This is even more true, if the comment is coming from someone they know, like a close friend. According to the podcast, parent's opinions are very clear, that they think it is stupid that their kids are getting all these comments from people who like to complement. 



    I believe this is true, especially in young people. They tend to stick to social media as a way to feel better about themselves, when in real life they don't get the same attention. As a parent, I believe I would react the same way. I would think it is stupid that these teenagers are getting complements from multiple people. Why would they need those comments? In a way I can relate, because when I was younger, I would like the attention from my close friends and family members telling me I looked good in a picture. But now a days, I don't even have social media to post because I know that I don't need those comments to feel good. The podcast also mentions "unspoken rules everyone knows to follow." These rules do some how exist, because I used to follow them when I was in middle school, and now my younger brother follows them. He will post a picture and wait to see how many likes he gets. He also enjoys the comments when people are complementing him.  

      This podcast does give what I believe accurate entail about today's society. Some people do feel good about themselves because of social media. It's also apart of their lives because they're always on Instagram, Facebook, or twitter. So there is always going to be engagement between teenagers and social media.  

 Related image


“Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.”
Jay Baer, Convince & Convert\
Signing off, 
        Yulleisi Rojas 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said and I loved the second picture you posted! Because it's so true. People are more zoned in on social media, replying through comments that they become un-social in the real world. I believe parents are right when they say it's stupid for their kid to be on social media or care what others' are commenting on their pages. But I also think it's up to the parent whether or not they want to take the social media away for awhile, so the kid can focus on something else. Rather, than social medias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statement in which teens fell that they need to be attached to social media to feel accepted and have a confidence boost. It is a little sad knowing that most teens need this feeling of acceptance just to feel good about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job of pulling out a few specific points from the podcast to comment on directly.

    ReplyDelete